PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION CAREFULLY AND IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE ACCEPTING TO TAKING PART TO THE "COCKPIT DRAW". YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO ENTER TO THE "COCKPIT DRAW" IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AS WELL AS ALL APPLICABLE LAW AND REGULATIONS. BY ACCEPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE "COCKPIT DRAW", YOU ACCEPT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. ALL DEFINED TERMS APPEAR IN THE GLOSSARY AT THE END OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- A candidate must be of age 18 or older, a resident of Greece, Italy or the Netherlands; a utility bill may be required as proof of residence.
- The piloting phase of the COCKPIT project starts on the 1st of September of 2011 and ends on the 30th of November of 2012. Within the duration of the piloting phase two draws will be made. The first one is estimated to take place during the middle of the piloting phase, and the second one towards the end of the piloting phase. Exact dates for both draws will be announced at the main web page of the COCKPIT website (www.cockpit-project.eu) 5 days prior to the date of the draw. The duration of the Piloting phase and/or dates of COCKPIT draws may be altered without any prior notification.
- Every COCKPIT draw will have 3 nominated winners, that is, one nominated winner per country i.e. one from Greece, one from Italy, and one from the Netherlands. In total there will be 6 nominated winners for the 2 COCKPIT draws.
- A candidate must post at least 5 meaningful messages to the respective forum of the Deliberation Platform in order to have the right to take part into a COCKPIT draw. For instance, a Greek resident should have at least 5 meaningful posts into the Greek forum. It is up to the Piloting coordinator to decide if a message is meaningful or not. All messages that are not directly related to any of the public services which are piloted as part of the COCKPIT Piloting phase are considered irrelevant and hence not meaningful.
- Members of the COCKPIT consortium as well as relatives up to second degree are excluded from having the right to take part into both COCKPIT draws. In addition, candidates that use the Deliberation Platform to: (i) commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that, which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability, (ii) post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content, (iii) upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the Deliberation Platform or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses the Deliberation Platform are effectively excluded from having the right to take part into both COCKPIT draws.
- A candidate that is nominated as the winner of the first COCKIT draw will be announced at the main web page of the website and will not be considered for the second COCKPIT draw.
- The nominated winner of the COCKPIT draw must contact the Piloting coordinator via email within 30 days from the day of announcement of the nominated winner and provide with a valid postal address to where the winning prize should be delivered. Alternatively, if 30 days are passed without any notice, the nominated winner of the corresponding draw loses his or her right to request the winning prize.
- The COCKPIT consortium reserves the right to announce all the names of the participating candidates that take part to the COCKPIT draw contest at the website, as part of the process for nominating a winner. It is up to the COCKPIT consortium of how to setup the process for awarding a winner for each COCKPIT draw.
- COCKPIT consortium reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Participation, or even terminate any or both of the COCKPIT draws at any time without notice or providing any reason. Without limiting the foregoing, the COCKPIT consortium will usually post a notice of such modifications on the main web page of the website. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting unless otherwise stated. The candidate?s continued use of the Deliberation Platform following the posting of any modification signifies his/her acceptance of such modification. It is the candidate?s responsibility to always reread the Terms and Conditions of Participation if such a notice is advertised at the website.
"COCKPIT" is a research project (Contract Number: FP7-248222) co-funded by European Commission under the seventh Framework Program - Theme 3 (ICT for Governance and Policy Modelling). Its acronym stands for ?Citizens Collaboration and Co-Creation in Public Service Delivery?, http://www.cockpit-project.eu.
"COCKPIT consortium" is composed of 12 companies, institutes and organizations, namely: INTRASOFT International S.A. from Luxembourg, IBM India Private Limited-Research Laboratory from India, ATOS ORIGIN SOCIEDAD ANONIMA ESPANOLA from Spain, ENGINEERING INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA from Italy, National Technical University of Athens from Greece, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology from Germany, ATHENS TECHNOLOGY CENTER S.A. from Greece, City of Venice from Italy, Hellenic Ministry of Interior from Greece, City of Tilburg from Netherlands, Ignitas Limited from United Kingdom, and University of Tilburg, European Institute on Services Science from Netherlands. The composition of COCKPIT consortium is defined as part of Contract Number 248222, which may be altered without any prior notification.
"Piloting phase" concerns the period under which a number of test cases will be executed within the context of COCKPIT project, as it is defined under COCKPIT Contract Number: FP7-248222.
"Deliberation platform" constitutes the environment which citizens may interact with Public Authorities (in this case members from the COCKPIT consortium), to express their opinions on the process of public service delivery via forum-based means, simulate and visualize a public service prior its deployment, access policy and law documentations relevant to a specific public service etc.
"draw" corresponds to the contest organized by the COCKPIT consortium where a number of PC tables and MP3 players will be gifted to the nominated winners of the contest (following an open process of award prizes), as part of incentives offered to the citizens that will be participating to the Piloting phase of the COCKPIT project.
"website" corresponds to the portal of the COCKPIT project i.e. www.cockpit-project.eu.
"Piloting coordinator" is the person responsible for coordinating the activities and monitoring the progress of the Piloting phase of the project, Mr. Ivan Ficano (firstname.lastname@example.org) from ENGINEERING INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA.
In order to accept the terms and conditions you have to log in to the system using your credentials